A new update is here!
Thank you all for playing and enjoying Outlanders on Steam. We’ve been working on this for quite some time and fortunately we’ve been able to fix and improve thanks to all your comments. Up next there are the PATCH NOTES, in which you can read all about the latest changes:
- We rewrote several mission objectives that were incorrect or unclear.
- We fixed a bug that allowed to activate opposite decrees at the same time.
- Fixed an error with saves that made the game stuck at the Loading screen. We added an automatic backup for all game saves.
- We fixed several visual bugs when changing the mouse to controller.
- Fixed an error in Steam that generated issues when saving and loading from the Cloud.
- Now, tips show up displayed every time.
- When playing sandbox now you can see the Map Seed from the pause menu and you can copy it clicking on it.
- We added the option to hide the Warnings on Settings.
- Now, when starting a Sandbox game, Stockpiles are added if you need them for the initial resources.
- We improved the grid shown when building.
- We temporarily deactivated the function “Restore” in a building that is being Recycled.
- We added the possibility to use Vsync.
- The game can now also run to 60+ fps.
Sandbox New Features
We added a button when finishing a Sandbox game that allows you to see how many Building and Resources you had. This will help you compare your final results with other players.
Under the tab “Advanced Settings” you can now choose a time limit in days.
When playing a game with Time Limit, you are shown a notification with a counter of how many days are left to finish the game. When the counter reaches 0, the game ends.
This allows players to compete and find out who can make more buildings and gather more resources among other things.
In “Advanced Settings” you can set up and play with your own set of rules. These can dramatically change the game mechanics and overall experience.
These are some of the options you can customize:
- No happiness loss: Outlanders can’t lose happiness.
- No hunger: the Outlanders never go hungry.
- No building costs: you can build buildings without using resources.
- Instant building: you can place and build a building instantly.
- No aging: the Outlanders never die of old age, they get older though.
- No concerns: you can deactivate the concerns you want (for example: no Gastronomy).